Your lover just proposed and you are already thinking about the dress, the place, the food, the guests and who is going to be your bridesmaids ! !!! Congratulation, it is so exciting !!!!
But wait a minute, have you thought about your skin !?! You should make it a priority and write it at the top of your TO-DO LIST !!!
Beautiful bride to be don’t worry, It’s easy. Just follow the steps …
- The Earlier the better : As soon as you know that you are getting married , you must think about your skin. If you didn’t know it and you are one month from the wedding, don’t worry, the skin cells renew every 21 to 28 day, you still have time to improve your skin appearance for the big day.
- Eat Healthy and Drink Water :It is good for your skin, your body and your energy. It can sound like so obvious but too many time we forget how much what we eat can affect our skin aspect. Eat a lot of fruits ans vegetables. Choose them full of water like watermelon, kiwi or strawberries, green vegetables like cucumber, spinach, iceberg lettuce etc. Drink a lot of water and green tea.
If you are getting married at the beach, in the Riviera Maya– Mexico for example, eat a lot of papaya, tomatoes and carrots before arriving at destination. They are full of B-Carotene and will help you not to burn your skin under the sun. Moreover it will give a beautiful color to your tan. Eating well also helps to get in shape.
- Monthly Professional Facial Treatment : After a quick skin diagnosis, the profesionnal will determine your skin type and condition and decide which skincare treatment is good for you. The facial not only improves your appearance. Refreshing the skin and getting all the dirt out of the pores will also help the skin to better serve its protection purpose. Take advantage of this moment to relax and feel good.
- Skin care Routine at Home : The monthly facial is not enough. A daily skin care routine at home is more than necessary. Ask your professional to help you to determine the best routine and products for your skin type (oily, dry,normal or combo).
But basically, you will need to:
1- Clean : Remove all the make up, debris and oil using a water soluble cleanser. It prepares the skin to receive more effectively the other products ( toner and moisturizer treatments)
2- Tone: Complete the cleaning, make up removing,hydrate and add important skin repairing ingredients.
3- Exfoliate : It removes dead skin cells from the skin surface and clean the pores. Perfect to let the new fresh skin appears.
4- Moisturize & Hydrate : Use the right hydrating cream depending on your skin type and the targeted moisturizer treatment depending on your skin specificity. It can be to fight against acne or scars, anti aging, anti wrinkles etc… You can also use a hydrating mask once a week.
Your bridal expert hair and makeup artist tips if you are getting married at the beach
- Use sunscreen everyday on your face and lips months before the wedding and during your stay at destination (even if you don’t live at the beach and if it is winter)
- Fragance free products are better for sensitive skins and avoid brown skin spots due to the sun exposure.
- On the wedding day, before your make up artist arrive don’t use any oily product on you face (Monoi, tanning oil or sunscreen)
- Don’t forget your body ! Use a body scrub once a week, (don’t forget your knees and elbows) to improve your skin aspect if you’re wearing an open wedding dress.
Now you know how to look even more gorgeous than you already are, we suggest you to keep taking care of your skin after the weeding.